WCC 06 HOME
Call for Tutorials
- Submission Procedure
- Preparing Material for Presentation
- Program Committee
Call for Tutorials
The World Computer Congress, organized under the auspices of IFIP,
the International Federation for Information Processing, took place in Europe 11 times, North America 4 times, and Asia and Australia 3 times.
Forty-six years after IFIP foundation, the congress will take place for the first time in a Latinamerican country.
The Congress will be organized as a set of parallel co-located conferences sponsored by different IFIP
Technical committees -- see more at WCC 2006 home.
Proposals are solicited for tutorials covering all aspects of computer science and engineering.
Tutorials oriented to the region in which the congress will be held will be
Also will be welcome those proposals tackling real-world problems and not only explaining research experiences.
Demonstrations of techniques and tools from one area that can be applied to others are encouraged.
Tutorials should present a well-defined area with enough background, motivation, clarity and depth to enable the attendees to acquire a basic familiarity with the topic. Presentations should be accompanied by appropriate supporting materials.
Tutorial proposals are limited to three pages, organized as follows:
- Title and short abstract (300 words)
- Structure of the tutorial, or Outline
- Expected background of the audience
- Proposed support material
- Duration (either 3 hours or 6 hours)
- Brief biography of the presenter(s)
- Infrastructure needed for presentation (e.g., overhead or multimedia projector). It is assumed that if specific software needs to be installed for the presentation, authors will provide the necessary licensed media.
Proposals should be submitted electronically in PDF format by
February 5th, 2006, following the procedure in Submission
SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS - February 10th, 2006
Notification of acceptance - March 15, 2006
Material ready deadline - July 1st 2006
Tutorials - August 20 and 25, 2006
For further information, please contact the tutorial chair at
cmbm at ic.unicamp.br.