She is a Full Professor of the Institute of Computing at State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil, since October, 2011. She received her Ph.D. in Computing Science in 1994, at the Department of Computing Science in the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Her current research interests are fault tolerance, exception handling, design diversity, fault-tolerant software architectures, component-based software engineering, software product lines, self-adaptive and organising software systems. She has co-authored more than 100 scientific papers, book chapters, and books in these areas, and also supervises a number of MSc and PhD students at UNICAMP. Contact her at cmrubira at ic.unicamp.br.
Software product lines and software reuse;
- Component-based software development;
- Software systems structuring;
- Software architectures;
- Service-oriented architectures;
- Meta-level software architectures;
- Aspect-oriented software development;
- Adaptive and dynamic software systems;
- Model-driven service engineering.
Dependable software architectures;
- Software fault tolerance, software diversity;
- Exception Handling, Exceptional Software Behaviour;
- Coordinated atomic actions (CA Actions);
- Conversations, Atomic actions;
- Object-oriented frameworks and design patterns for fault tolerance;
- Methods and tools for building dependable systems.
Java Tutorial (.pdf) updated in 2009
Java and C++
The IC Faculty.
Instituto de Computação (IC)
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
Av. Albert Einstein, 1251
Cidade Universitária "Zeferino Vaz"
Campinas, SP, Brasil
Institute of Computing (IC)
University of Campinas - UNICAMP
Avenue Albert Einstein 1251
Cidade Universitária "Campus Zeferino Vaz"
Campinas, SP -- Brazil
+55 (019) 3521-5879
+55 (019) 3521-5840
+55 (019) 3521-5847 (fax)
Last edited July 20, 2016 by Cecilia Mary Fischer Rubira